Coordinator of Research Team
Name: Stefano Colagrande
Position: Associate Professor
Name of Research Team/Laboratory: florence university radiology group
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone number: +39 055 7947189
Brief biographical sketch of the Coordinator
- Place and date of birth: in Rome on May 2nd, 1955
- Degrees: graduated in Medicine in 1981 at the University of Florence; specialist in Diagnostic Radiology in 1985 at the University of Florence; ECR ultrasonography certificate 1986; Associate Professor of Radiology of the University of Florence from 2000. Full Professor certificate on MED 36 sector of Radiodiagnostics, from January 26th 2015.
Member of the scientific board of the Doctorate/PhD Program in
“Research Postgraduate School (PhD) of Clinical and Experimental Medicine” of the University of Florence (from 2004)
Member of the following Scientific Societies
1) SIRM- Italian Society of Radiology (from 1982)
2) ESR- European Society of Radiology (from 2007)
3) Steering Board of Magnetic Resonance group of SIRM (2000-2004)
Member of the editorial board of the following Journals
1) World Journal of Hepatology
2) Radiologia medica
1) Cosimo Nardi, graduated in Medicine at the University of Florence in 2008, specialist in Diagnostic Radiology in 2014, PhD student from 2014, born in Florence on September 1st 1982;
2) Linda Calistri, graduated in Medicine at the University of Florence in 2008, specialistin Diagnostic Radiology in 2014, PhD student from 2015, born in Pistoia on August 20th 1977;
3) Giulia Grazzini, graduated in Medicine at the University of Florence in 2011, specialist in Diagnostic Radiology in 2017, born in Pistoia on October 10th, 1985;
4) Silvia Pradella (as National Health Service at Careggi University Hospital of Florence), graduated in Medicine in 2004 at the University of Florence, specialist in Diagnostic Radiology in 2008, PhD in 2012, born in Florence on February 21th 1974.
Current research interests
MRI principles; Perfusion- Diffusion Weighted Imaging; Abdominal Imaging; Imaging of Endocrine Glands; Oncology Imaging; Contrast Agents;Cardiac MRI and CT Imaging.
Current / recent sources of funding
1) PRIN 2000: Role of Computed Tomography in Hepatocellular Carcinoma screening
2) PRIN 2006: Imaging PET/CT/MR to evaluate fibrogenic progression in chronic liver disease
3) SIRM 2010: Assessment of diffusion weighted magnetic resonance (MR) imaging to predict the chemotherapy outcome in liver metastases
4) Funded project by Tuscan Region 2012:TESORM-MR Imaging to predict and evaluate the Sorafenib therapy outcome in advanced HCC patients.
5) Funded PhD project by MIUR 2013
6) CRPP Foundation 2014: MR Imaging to evaluate the therapy response in lymphoma.
7) University of Oxford, UK 2015: HCMR- Novel Predictors of outcome in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
8) Funded project by Novartis (10 protocols), Italfarmaco (2 protocols), Janssen (1 protocol), Incyte (1 protocol) and Gilead (1 protocol) from 2009: MR Imaging to evaluate the therapy response in patients with myeloproliferative diseases.
10 best publications of the last 5 years
- 1. TRANSIENT HEPATIC PARENCHYMAL ENHANCEMENT DETECTED AT DYNAMIC IMAGING: A SHORT INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR THE CLINICIAN.
(Colagrande S, Pradella S, Lucarini S, Marra F)
Dig Liver Dis. 44:363-368, 2012 3.054
- 2. T2-WEIGHTED AND DW- MRI FOR DISCRIMINATING BENIGN FROM MALIGNANT FOCAL LIVER LESIONS: DIAGNOSTIC ABILITIES OF SINGLE VERSUS COMBINED INTERPRETATIONS
(Haradome H, Grazioli L, Morone M, Gambarini S, Kwee TC, Takahara T, Colagrande S)
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 35:1388-96. 2012 2.698
- 3. HEPATOCELLULAR ADENOMA AND FOCAL NODULAR HYPERPLASIA: VALUE OF GADOXETIC ACID-ENHANCED MR IMAGING IN DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
(Grazioli L, Bondioni MP, Haradome H, Motosugi U, Tinti R, Frittoli B, Gambarini S, Donato F, Colagrande S)
Radiology 262: 520-529, 2012 5.726
- 4. EFFECTS OF GADOXETIC ACID ON QUANTITATIVE DW IMAGING OF THE LIVER
(Colagrande S, Mazzoni LN, MazzoniE, Pradella P)
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 38: 365-70, 2012 2.698
- 5. MRI OF HEPATIC EPITHELIOID HEMANGIOENDOTHELIOMA (HEH)
Paolantonio P, Laghi A, Vanzulli A, Grazioli L, Morana G, Ragozzino A, Colagrande S
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 40:552-558, 2014 2.698
- 6. Diffusion Weighted MR and ADC Measurement in Classification and Characterization of Non-cystic Focal Liver Lesions: Does a Clinical Role Exist?
Mungai F, Morone M, Villanacci A, Bondioni MP, Mazzoni LN, Grazioli L, Colagrande S.
Medicine (Baltimore) 93(6): e40, 2014 4.867
- 7. DWI IN CYSTIC FIBROSIS DISEASE: BEYOND MORPHOLOGICAL IMAGING
Ciet PL, Serra G, Andrinopoulou ER, Bertolo S, Ros M, Catalano C, Colagrande C, Tiddens HAWM, Morana G.
Eur Radiol 2016 Febbraio [Epub ahead of print] 4.014
- 8. THE ROLE OF DWI IN THE DETECTION OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CANCER: A COMPARISON WITH UNENHANCED AND GD-EOB-DTPA ENHANCED MRI
Colagrande S, Castellani A, Nardi C, Lorini C, Calistri L, Filippone A.
European Journal Radiology 2016 Febbraio [Epub ahead of print] 2.369
Reference: EURR 7398
- 9. FOCAL LIVER LESIONS CLASSIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION: WHAT VALUE DO DWI AND ADC HAVE?
Calistri L, Castellani A, Matteuzzi B, Mazzoni E, Pradella S, Colagrande S.
J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2016 Jul 21 1.417
[Epub ahead of print]
- 10. A ROBUST DESIGN FOR CELLULAR VEHICLES OF GOLD NANORODS FOR MULTIMODAL IMAGING
Ratto F, Centi S, Avigo C, Borri C, Tatini F, Cavigli L, Kusmic C, Lelli B, Lai S, Colagrande S, Faita F, Menichetti L, and Pini R
Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016,
[Epub ahead of print]
DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201600836 11.382
Previous research experiences
Focus on MR principles and Imaging in liver disease.
Main scientific contributions
- Meeting participation: talks and lectures in 210 meetings.
- Author/Coauthor of Scientific Publications: Paper, indexed in Scopus 99.
Refereeing in Journal of Hepatology, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, La Radiologia medica, European Radiology, European Journal of Radiology and World Journal of Hepatology.
Other relevant information
- Regular teacher of Radiology at the Degree Course in Dentistry and Medicine (since 2007)
- Director of the Unit of Radiodiagnostics 2 (since 2009)
- Director of Residency School of Radiodiagnostics (since 2015)
- Director of Master (first level) in MRI (since 2012)
- Appointed teacher in various Postgraduate School: Radiology, Endocrinology, Geriatry, Gastroenterology, Physics (from 2000). At now in 14 Residency Schools.
- Tutor in the Research Postgraduate School (PhD) of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (from 2004)